Saturday, November 15, 2008

The moon is the only light we'll see

After walking through a rainstorm & being annoyed with the fact that I was completely soaked and waiting for the A-train in a humid subway station, I heard from down the platform the familiar chords to one of my all time favorite songs. I followed the music until a bohemian looking older man playing acoustic guitar and the harmonica came into view. He was playing "Stand By Me." It brought me back to the time in East Lansing with Ally, Ryan and Pat and the sing along in my jeep with all the windows down and Ally's feet on the dash as we drove back to Stef's house to partake in a night of underwear only dance parties to Cut/Copy on repeat. The summer air smelled as bittersweet as the lyrics we were singing along to. My lungs were filled with hope. Hope for friendships that would be able to withstand the distance I was planning on moving to pursue my dreams. All I really need in life are a few good people to stand by me and I think I'd be content. At a time where I feel I am standing alone, it felt good to hear that song again. It once again filled my heart with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment