Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm dancing in the room as if I were in the woods with you

I've come to realize that I can't just give up on something that is a passion of mine. I've spent the majority of my life [83.3%] dancing. It's apart of me & I can't continue to ignore this innate desire inside of me. I met someone who dances for a living last night & they made me re-realize my dreams. I can't give up on them - not for anybody. They're dreams of mine and they are a realty. When you're as passionate about something as I am about dancing, you will be successful. I didn't spend 5 hours nearly everyday after school at the dance studio during high school instead of hanging out with my friends at football games, school dances, and parties. I had to be dedicated and committed to being apart of a bigger team and stay focused on my goal. I sacrificed a lot to dance, but for me they weren't "sacrifices" because I was loving what I was doing. The entire time I was struggling through my eating disorder one of my major motivating forces to get better and actually stay healthy for once was so I would be allowed to dance again, and be a strong dancer. To be honest, it was the biggest motivating force. No one realizes that, but when you're passionate about something and it's taken away from you - you will find the motivation to do what it takes to get it back. I had to make choices and I chose my love for dance over my love for my perfect body. I'd rather be a strong and passionate dancer than a stick skinny, weak, and sick one.

Well the moral of this story is. If you have a passion, embrace it. Don't let it get away from you, and if it does - get your ass out there and work to get it back.

I have some hard work to do. I mean some hard - hard training to get back in shape, but I really want to spread my love and passion the best way I know how, and that's by dancing again. I need to do this for myself. Just love me and let me go.


THIS is how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment