Thursday, January 21, 2010

You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City!



I've been working on a project over break for my upcoming semester... we were suppose to design a sportswear collection based on our 'cultural background,' but I decided since I was a mixture of too many cliche/typical ethnicities that I was going to use the thing that both of my parents had in common 'back in the day' & the one thing that has always personally inspired me: MUSIC! Both of my parents grew up in the Detroit music scene during the 80's and that is exactly what I am using as my inspiration. DETROIT ROCK CITY CIRCA 1980! I am having a blast looking through old photo albums of my mother's and researching the bands that paved the way for the 'scene' that I was apart of during high school. So many laughs and lots of inspiration! Here's a picture of my Dad in his band 'Strand' that is definitely making an appearance on my 'Inspiration'/Mood board. ha ha ha! Thanks Mom & Dad for being such inspirational people in my life, even though we may not have an interesting 'cultural' background you certainly taught me how to be a total ROCKSTAR! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment