Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Splendid Isolation



I fell in love with the way your face lit up as we drove back from the ocean, like you had opened your eyes for the first time to the gallant beauty around you. Windows down, music up, and a full pack of Parliaments to get me home. I couldn't stop smiling as we made our way through the same gapping hole in the Earth that I lost my sanity over seven days prior as my plane descended above the 'West Coat.' Just like a giant cut in the bedrock of LIFE, and we could've been the blood t r i c k l i n g back to where we inherently belonged. Maybe it's just my own sentimental and artistic perspective, but it's that kind of landscape that always sobers my anxious thoughts. Landscapes so grandoise they could make even the nonbelievers fall to their knees in a form of surrender, shouting in to the infinite silence of their heart space: "Thank you sweet Universe, Divine Mother-Father-Everything-God!" Nothing human could have dreamt up such sublime beauty without witnessing creation at its finest first. My hands were numb [as usual!] as we left the rhythm of the metrical tides behind us, but there was a new [e n e r g y] pumping through my stiff limbs. I wanted to reach out with my anxiously cold and clammy palms, to take your hand in mine, to take the initiative this time. But my nerves just refused to deliver the message to my limp appendages. Something more potent than fear radiated into my blood stream and paralyzed my arms safely in my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment