Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Don't forget to cut the salvage

Lestor always told us, a relationship is like how we pull the thread on the muslin : the more patient and gentle you are, the easier the thread will pass through the grain without breaking.



I wish they would have been more patient.
I wish they wouldn't have allowed the initial rush of lust, that always so conveniently disguises itself as the 'real deal,' to lead them to losing themselves in one another; totally forgetting who they were as individuals.
I wish they wouldn't have allowed it to break. Over, and over, and over again! Until there was nothing left to tug at.
I wish I could stop getting caught up in the 'what ifs' of a past I do not own.
I wish my anxious hands knew of one relationship that didn't break, like all the threads, I pull too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment