Saturday, November 28, 2009

The girl who's in love with the World

I really love the way the World can make you feel so small sometimes. I really love the people who have come in and out of my life for even the briefest portions of my history; the ones who inspired me to be adventurous, to find the laughter in my heart again, to stop holding back and just open up my wings and fly, to trust in myself and stop being so damn afraid of being hurt or abandoned, to just let loose and dance to the rhythm of LIFE. I really love that I've finally become OKAY with being alone, that I've actually grown to love being a solo act, that I've embraced myself for the loner that I always have and might always be. I really love the way a song can synthesize a specific moment in time, but there's always the opportunity to hear it a different way and it just might make you fall in love with something in a completely original way. I love that at any second of the day I can step out onto my shallow stoop, into this empire of a city, take a walk around the block and discover something or someone uniquely new to inspire me. I love that I can make a person's day with a smile or a corny joke (G.G. always said laughter was the best medicine). I love that my capacity and hunger for knowledge seems infinite. I love that when I feel like I've given my all, I somehow always seem to stifle more energy, to push myself a littler further this time, to blow myself away with my new found potential. I love that I was given a voice, a voice that deserves to be heard, a voice that can speak up for herself, and those who can't fight for themselves sometimes. I love that I was blessed with good fortune, because what a better opportunity to help others less fortunate than I? I really love my family and friends, because without them I just might have given up that one time. I really love the way the World can make me feel so infinite sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment