Thursday, December 4, 2008

I threw on a life preserver, but preservation is only temporary



I haven't seen any live music (bands, musicians, ect.) since I moved here to the city. If you know me you will understand that LIVE music is a necessity in my life/weekly routine. I've probably averaged a show or concert at least once a week since I was in 6th grade. Since my first local hall show, to my first experience at St. Andrews in Detroit, I have been addicted to the intensity and freedom of standing in a crowd at a concert. I love music because of how it makes me feel inside, like I am the only person in the room and the floor is MY dance floor. I love feeling the bass and pumping percussion move me to dance like no one is watching. I love being apart of a crowd, gathered like a small community all there united with a common interest and love for that band at the front of the room. I love the friends I have met through years of being apart of these small communities and the memories I have made.

It's been about 4 months now and I am going a little CRAZY!
I don't care if it's even a musician with an acoustic guitar at a coffee shop or you sitting on my bedroom floor playing me my old favorite 80's & 90's classics. At this point - I need to hear something loud and passionate - SOON! Come find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment