Monday, December 8, 2008

I still hold your hand in mine, when I am asleep

James Blunt "Goodbye My Lover" came on my iTunes while on random play just now....

I remember laying in bed next to him on our last night together. The music was playing softly as we tried to fall asleep, but neither of us wanted to close our eyes and give up on the last few moments of being together. This song came on, and he sang it to me. In his perfect English accent that always made me weak at the knees. He sang it so beautifully, I didn't even expect it. I miss his arms and the way that I just seemed to fit so perfectly. It felt okay to let him hold me, I wanted him to hold me - I couldn't get close enough to him. Even though he was singing "Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend..." we both knew it wasn't going to be a "goodbye," but simply a "see you later." You can't give up on something that good.

I learned a lot that week with that beautiful foreign soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment