Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You shouldn't let someone else get your kicks for you

Someone told me they wanted to "be like me" today.
That thought is terrrrrifying and almost insulting, not flattering like many would assume it to be.

Our society is so fogged with improving ourselves to mimic false idols.
We should be all striving to be better versions of ourselves - not attempting to fit someone else's mold.
"Being like someone" is an impossible goal that will only leave someone feeling more self loathing because of their obvious inability to "be" like anyone.... but themselves!
I just wish some people could learn to love themselves enough to know it's okay to be whomever the crazy individual they are.
You can't teach people these lessons either, they have to learn them for themselves and develop love for themselves in their own time - and I hattte that! I wish I could just make everyone see how uniquely beautiful they are.
Granted... I have my self loathing days [sometimes weeks/months] BUT I've learned to value more important things about myself than my looks & I've learned that I can only be as brilliant & beautiful as I allow myself.

As Marianne Williamson says, "Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? "

No comments:

Post a Comment