Thursday, September 11, 2008

Make Your Mark

Day Lilies, 08/07/2007
Dear Daewoo,
Why are your shoes so blue?
Like distasteful umbrellas in the standby cocktails.
Votre petite sips from petit straws,
mimicking honey birds suckling nectar from organic blossoms
Delivering painful tips to the tender for nursing your bliss.
Is it true that your shoes were once black?
But have faded in travel from bleaching rays?
I do say I would fancy a whispered story…or two.
My ears eager to hear of nights sipping chamomile
from foreign china, aloft the aging backs of Indian elephants
or of Princes rescuing Princesses from tigers' luring purrs.
I would fancy it, dear old Daewoo.
I told you so,
BLB 1544


Moonshine, 9/11/2008
Dear Daewoo,
I miss your faded blue shoes
sitting by my door at the end of the night
Spilling stories of your exotic travels to my poor excuse of a doormat
It's been three weeks since you've been gone
I miss your casual hand on my thigh
as we sat at the dive throwing whiskey down our dry throats
You pursued me on the walk home that dewy night
comme un lion chassant sa proie
I should've danced away, shoes in hand
but it's the dizzy way the light from wrought iron street lamps penetrated your opal eyes that kept me stumbling after you
Oh my Daewoo, my greatest earthly blessing
Follow the map back home
I told you so,
BLB 1544







No comments:

Post a Comment