Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh Spanish Moon, Fall & Rise.

JUST IN CASE...
for the sake of being cautious
[but when have I ever been 'cautious']
Well, just in case
we,
it,
this is another tragedy
never again our bodies at the same coordinates
- at that same time-
[like the one time we woke up with sand on our feet
and ocean in our hair, and our limbs tangled together]
Well just in case we never build a sand castle together again
and my name is never on the same page
of this book called 'Life"
as your name...

I want you to know.
So listen obtusely
I'll always carry a piece of 'you-ness' with me
A reminder of the adventure life can be,
if we just 'let it be.'

A reminder that my chest cavity isn't as empty as I'd like to think it is...
there's a heart inside there
a heart that remembered to skip a beat when it was
your hand
in mine.

So just incase our life lines never cross
or mine ends too soon,
thank you
for all the memos
reminding me why I love life
and short kisses on my cheek
and neck
and...
and....
and even the ones that broke down the walls
[that i've spent YEARS building]

It may come as a surprise
Only love is real.
Fear is an absence of love.
There for fear is an illusion,
a lie the ego tells our 'selves'
But in the name of LOVE:
This vulnerability feels safest
Stronger than the fortress I was building inside my chest.




No comments:

Post a Comment