Monday, September 28, 2009

The sweetness of this World, and what we have made.

I wish drugs didn't exist.
I wish people understood that there are consequences to their actions -
that you could sacrifice a momentary high for the rest of your life.
I wish people thought about the ones they could be leaving behind.
I wish the ones I loved weren't selfish enough to sacrifice their brilliance just to 'feel good.'
I wish they could be high on life -
and feel all the goodness life offers us every day, and that, THAT was enough.
I wish I never had to experience the pain of loosing someone too young,
someone who was just as brilliant and special as all the hearts they left behind.
I wish in the moments before shooting up, or smoking it, or snorting it, or tipping that bottle [again] or what'ever your drug of choice may be that you saw the faces of the ones you loved - hurting - because you are destroying the person they know and love.
I wish love and life were enough to destroy all the pain and ego that made us all make bad decisions and reach for substances.
I just wish we could all 'play it safe' and respect this gift of life.
I wish my love was enough to save them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment