Saturday, August 9, 2008

In your reflection, I'm perfect.

I've come to realize the no matter how empty and lonely I feel,
no matter how self loathing I become, when I give up loving myself,
and feel as if there's not a single soul on this planet that could love a mess like me,
that He will always be there embracing me with his grace and blessings.
He has never given up on me.

My life has been paved with such golden moments.
I spend so much time dwelling on the "hardtimes;" and all the battles I've had to overcome
that I forget to give thanks for the truly smooth sailing course I have charted along the way.
Without my vices, my battles, my downfalls - I would have just floated through the past few years, and been a very shallow girl.
Instead I am full of a much deeper substance, a deeper understanding of self, my place in the Global Community, and my duty to create change and teach the power of love.

Life is delicate, but the longest thing we will ever experience.
I hear the clock ticking, like a perpetual time bomb waiting to put an end to it all
so I fight a little bit harder to leave if only a watermark of my existance upon the lives of those I've encountered.
I'm fighting to be "Better Every Day."
It is a fight, still, but a fight I am battling to the grave for.

No comments:

Post a Comment