Friday, April 11, 2008

THE OLD MAN AT THE BOWLING ALLEY, WON'T LET ME WEAR MY BOWLING MOCCASINS!

As I make the long traffic ridden drive to class this morning- void of any nicotine because I smoked the last one the second I got into the car and if I stop at a convenience store I'll surely be late for my first class- I have been reflecting on the past few hectic months preparing to get into college. What a stuffy uncreative process! Manipulating nearly every inexperienced senior in highschool into producing inpromptu essays on topics that one could only lightly call cliche! As I replay the grueling process of writing my 6 page responses to Brown and Dartmouth I smile to myself... I wrote it on my Sidekick, while on vacation in Florida laying by the pool. They loved me!

My message to all you soon to be seniors and college applicants - don't take yourself or the process too seriously! I sure didn't and look where im at :)

No comments:

Post a Comment