Saturday, February 16, 2008

I keep a bottle near, for times like these.

Our song came on tonight
as I spent the night alone with this bottle
nursing the emptiness that I've grown fond of.
It still brings tears to my eyes;
they're of a different form this time.
No longer tears reminding me of how much you love and adored me,
but those of anger, abandonment, loneliness & frustration.
When you played this song for me
and took my hand in yours,
I never imagined that 2 years later you would've ripped apart everything I gave you
abandoning not only the place in my heart,
but the home my family welcomed you into.
I don't regret a moment we spent together,
you taught me more about myself then I ever wanted to know.
You supported me on the days I gave up on myself,
you taught me how to love myself,
you taught me how to love others.
I'll never forget you,
thank you - for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment