Wednesday, March 2, 2011

‎the only person standing in your way is you


Today one of my professors asked me what I was so 'afraid' of, what was holding me back in my work.... I sat in silence, and he said, "I think you're afraid of being successful." I tried to resist the response that swelled inside of me, realizing that he was oh-so-right - but, I couldn't hold back the tears, and without having to ask him to- he hugged me. It's strange how someone else can really hit the nail on the head for you sometimes.

I'm making a commitment: I'm willing to accept success. I'm willing to think and feel differently about my work, and allow my creativity to flow freely. I'm willing to stop making it all about me, and start remembering that I am making art because I want to inspire and uplift others. I will find my humor in art, again - and I will laugh again.

No comments:

Post a Comment